Any violation will result in automatic disqualification.
Good sportsmanship is expected of all individuals during the tournament.
Any disorderly conduct will be ample reason for disqualification.
Entry Fee 2020= $300 Teams with be allowed up to 3 anglers per team.
3 Angler Teams will fish under 2 Angler Kentucky Regulations.
Entry fees must be received via carry in, mail in or PayPal before October 1, 2020. $25 late fee after October. Mandatory captains meeting on Friday October 9th. This will also be your last chance to enter if 160 teams isn't reached by then. Must enter before 5pm ( $325 cash only)..
$20.00 Big fish pot included in tournament fee.
Teams will be limited to a total of 8 lines in the water.
Monsters on the Ohio
4029 Frederica Street
Owensboro, KY 42301
Online registrants can mail entry fee to the address above. You are not officially entered until payment is received.
1) All State and Federal rules will be observed.
2) Tournament Hours: 6:30AM - 3PM. All participants must be in line at check in point by 4pm.
3) One participant of each team MUST be present at meeting held at 6:00pm CST the Friday before. If fishing by yourself then you must be present. No exceptions.
4) There will be a live-well check prior to take off. Stickers will be distributed to participants after the live-well check.
5) All boats must be at weigh in (or ramp) by 4PM*. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
6) No snagging or stringers will be allowed.
7) Life vest must be worn at take off.
8) All tournament boats must maintain a distance of 50 yards between each other while anchored and 50 yards while driftng. There will be no fishing outside of the boat.
9) A maximum of 5 fish per boat will be weighed in. Weighing a dead fish will result in DISQUALIFICATION.
10) No alcoholic beverages or Illegal drugs allowed during tournament hours.
11) All children 16 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult.
12) Fish can only be caught by Rod and Reel method. No foul hooked fish will be accepted. Only 6 rods will be allowed in the water at any given time.
13) Ties will be decided by tournament committee.
14) No chumming. No fishing intentionally baited holes.
15) Any protests must be made before the Awards Ceremony begins. We will not accept any protests thereafter.
16) This is a catch and release tournament. All live fish must be released. They may not be taken home with tournament participants.
17) No Gear or anchors past the red line at the dam.
18) Upon your entry into the tournament you are placed under the Waiver/Release for Monsters on the Ohio. Please read below:
WAIVER/RELEASE FOR MONSTERS ON THE OHIO:
I have read the accompanying event information and understand the policies of the event. I know that fishing on a river is a potentially hazardous activity. I should not enter unless I am medically able and properly trained. I assume all risks associated with my voluntary participation in this event, including but not limited to, falls and potential drowning, the effects of the weather, including extreme temperatures, boat traffic and all conditions on the river, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. Knowing these facts, and in consideration of your accepting my entry, I for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, or anyone else who might claim on my behalf, covenant not to sue and WAIVE, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE Monsters on the Ohio LLC, the City of Owensboro, all sponsors, race officials, workers or volunteers, their representatives, successors or assigns for ANY AND ALL claims or liability, whether foreseen or unforeseen, for death, personal injury or property damage arising out of, or in the course of my participation in this event. I further grant full permission to the above mentioned sponsors, organizers and or agents authorized by them, to use any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, recordings or other record of the event for any reasonable purpose.
All participants will launch from English Park. The Cannelton, Newburgh and J.T Meyers pools are all open for this tournament. All fishermen are subject to a polygraph exam.
NOTE: There will be someone at the weigh in site (ENGLISH PARK) throughout the tournament. If you have a large fish or fish that will not survive until 4 pm, you may bring your fish to be weighed and recorded. We will then release the fish and you can continue to fish. Once the weight has been recorded and the amount of fish you may not cull when you come back in.
Please, note if you have fish that you feel will not survive until weigh in time bring them in so they can be weighed and released. That is why we have someone at weigh in. So that the fish can be released with least amount of stress and a successful survival rate.